cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX Plugin does not maintain custom include paths upon re-generation of code in CubeIDE projects

a.niggebaum
Associate

Since my upgrade to CubeIDE version 1.0.2 (build 3566_20190716-0927, cubeMX version 5.3.0.201908220903), my own include paths for the MCU GCC compiler are deleted/not kept when the CubeMX plugin re-generates code. I can isolate the behavior:

1. Create new STM32 project with any MCU
  2. In the project properties go to "C/C++ Build/Settings/Tool Settings/MCU GCC Compiler/Include paths" and add a custom path to the list. Apply and Close
  3. Open the .ioc file with the CubeMX perspective and change any pin configuration. Save and re-generate code
  4. The previously added path is no longer available in the list.

Does anyone have the same issue and can re-create this behavior?

Thank you very much for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
JVan.17
Associate

Here too

ldecicco
Associate

I can confirm this really annoying bug is also affecting my installation of STM32CubeIde 1.0.2 on linux.

DD
Associate II

I confirm too.

It seems that when CubeIDE regenerates the code, it eliminates and entirely replaces all the Build Configurations with two new Debug and Release; really annoying!

JVan.17
Associate

Also my preprocessor symbols are missing

RLeon.230
Associate

I have the same problem.

My workaround:

- Start from a working version of the project.

- Doubleclick .ioc

- Change perspective

- Migrate

- Project -> Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Includes -> Export Settings // Say includes_1.txt

- Project -> Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Source Location -> Print screen and save in Paint

- Project -> Generate Code

- Project -> Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Includes -> Export Settings // Say includes_2.txt

- Merge includes_1.txt and includes_2.txt // Say includes_3.txt

- Project -> Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Includes -> Import Settings // Select includes_3.txt

- Project -> Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Source Location -> Merge according the picture saved in Paint

- Build and run