cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Raspberry Pi Touch Display with STM32F769i-DISCO using B-LCDAD-RPI1?

Jakub Wegrzyn
Associate

I'm trying to connect 7" Raspberry Pi Touch Display to STM32F769i-DISCO using B_LCDAD_RPI1 adapter. Unfortunately had no luck so far. The adapter lacks any documentation but the name suggests that it was designed for such case. Is there any driver to enable support for such setup? Or maybe some sample application that I could use as starting point?

So far I was able to power up the display using I2C but DSI init sequence ported from Linux driver did not work. Any help would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

It's been one of those things I've been meaning to get back too..

I have had the HDMI adapter driving all sorts of resolution on to LCD Monitors via HDMI or HDMI-to-DVI cables.

In the former case it requires configuration of the STM32 DSI/LTDC side, and also of the ADV7533 chip side.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/b-lcdad-hdmi1.html

There is code in the BSP for these types of displays, and there is some commonality, the HDMI build is via a #define

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks. So you had luck with using `USE_LCD_HDMI` sections with B_LCDAD_RPI1 adapter and DSI display? Just to make sure, this adapter is different from B-LCDAD-HDMI1 that has HDMI output.

TDJ
Senior III

@Jakub Wegrzyn​ Have you succeeded?

ozan_ozdemir
Associate II

I also tried to change OTM8009 initialization code to ICN6211 without success. Any help would be appreciated..

TDJ
Senior III

I put together this chip configurator based on lots of sources. It is available here:

https://github.com/tdjastrzebski/ICN6211-Configurator

I am able to put this chip into the test mode, so LCD settings are correct, no errors on DSI interface (this chip has registries indicating errors) but still no luck.

I am missing something as well. Let me know if you succeed.

Dm.2
Associate

Has anyone succeeded with ICN6211?

Thank you for your help in advance.

ozan_ozdemir
Associate II

Still do not have any solution.. Why ST does not support b-lcdad-rpi1 product.. !!!

Their focus is transitory, they've already moved on to other hardware and STM32 models/families.

Nobody really wants to pay for good support, so you're kind of left with what's offered.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes but this is not seeedstudio or waveshare etc.. This is ST !!. Normally they are always supporting their hardware with software. But for this product they never did it..

Additionally B-LCDAD-RPI1 is still and active product.. And I never found anybody can run this hardware with any RPI display.. So what is this product for ?

ST must support this.. ST company should care that a product it produces and sells cannot be operated by anyone..

"so you're kind of left with what's offered" no in this situation nothing is offered.. Can you find any people around the world that succesfully run RPI display with this product of ST.

How ST tested this board before manufacturing and selling it.. Not tested or they are not providing software.. Do they need money for support ? .. This is a complete fiasco

I can't like this situation to ST