cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why .json files can not be downloaded?

radikv
Associate II

I use windows 10 and stm32cubemx and when i try to start a project by choosing a board selection it shows me errors downloading *.json files (mcusdocs.json, ...)

0690X000008wL6gQAE.jpg

I deleted the .stmcufinder .stmcube .stm32cubemx directories but no effect!

6 REPLIES 6

AV Software?

Enough disc space?

Protected/faux directories? ie Program Files, Desktop, etc

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
radikv
Associate II

I can not understand why such a big company as STMicroelectronics has such a badly built environment STM32CubeMX !? Great thoughtful and very badly done! I am sorry for this opinion, but that's my experience. Some time ago I downloaded the previous version STM32CubeMX and it was the same. Although many people in the forums complained about the same problems, nothing has changed in the new version to improve things. Is anyone testing this application STM32CubeMX? Why developers do not make a clear message about what's wrong with the configuration? What kind of message is appears above? These non-downloadable files are in several places in my computer and the message says "Problem during download". It's just some inadequate message! Also the environment does not want to install zip files for the update. 

0690X000008wPapQAE.jpg

What application is this, it can not make its own update once it is installed!?

I already have a message about the wrong proxy configuration but I have no idea what's wrong and I can not change anything.

0690X000008wPauQAE.jpg

I have never had any such inadequate messages and problems with the NXP or Atmel Studio 7 environments!

My great advice is the programmers of STM32CubeMX to take and fix the STM32CubeMX environment, so that the problems to become easy to remove from the users!

It is written in Java, I don't know how much information is conveyed into the VM.

What AV software are you running? It is one of the biggest technical support drivers.

I don't think ST has anyone doing QA, regression testing or UI design, and even the web server has challenges serving files.

Mirror of the offending files

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1InYFcOjGBGzJrddUROhZDLXzWxY6qn3r

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zg6rwWuD7SFogVbdTRGOvh3WQlSR04cs

radikv
Associate II

Thanks for the reply!

Here's information about Java on my computer:

0690X000008wPeDQAU.jpg

I understand that Java is used, and probably Windows blocking application somewhere, but I do not know how to fix it. I use the built-in AV in Windows 10.

I turned off the AV and the firewall completely and nothing changed.

Could be server side, or ISP related. Try the mirror download, with the manual install.

radikv
Associate II

Hello, I moved the folder:

C:\Users\….\STM32Cube\Repository

to:

D:\STM32Cube\Repository

and change path:

0690X000008wTOsQAM.jpg

Perhaps this fixes the problem. At least the updates were successful.

Thank you for your cooperation!