cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSL filtering chain for static gravity measurement

David LR
Associate II

Hi,

I want to measure a static object and approximate tilt angle with accelerometer only data.

With 303AGR e-compass I can easily configure the filters so a low pass filter can be set up in no time.

With LSM6DSL I am a bit lost on where or what filter I have to setup in order to achieve the same (a extremely low-pass filter, below 1Hz).

Thanks!0690X000008wCxlQAE.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

hi David, the first LP filter (not considering the anti-alias) is configurable in CTRL1_XL (10h) reg and CTRL8_XL (17h), especially in the CTRL8_XL (17h) reg:

0690X000008wGYpQAM.png

to have the lowest roll-off frequency you have to select the ODR/400 case, meaning value b1011000 (58h) in reg CTRL8_XL (17h). If you set ODR below 416Hz you'll have a LP cutoff frequency < 1Hz.

Btw, if your application is a quasi-static measure such as an inclinometer application, I suggest you the use of IIS3DHHC that is designed exactly for this purpose. Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

hi David, the first LP filter (not considering the anti-alias) is configurable in CTRL1_XL (10h) reg and CTRL8_XL (17h), especially in the CTRL8_XL (17h) reg:

0690X000008wGYpQAM.png

to have the lowest roll-off frequency you have to select the ODR/400 case, meaning value b1011000 (58h) in reg CTRL8_XL (17h). If you set ODR below 416Hz you'll have a LP cutoff frequency < 1Hz.

Btw, if your application is a quasi-static measure such as an inclinometer application, I suggest you the use of IIS3DHHC that is designed exactly for this purpose. Regards

David LR
Associate II

Thanks a lot, testing it!

Is just one of the operating modes, I wish I could use a inclinometer! 🙂