cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with LIS3DSH machine state

CMugi
Associate

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use the machine states of the LIS3DSH (on a STEVAL_MK109V3 in the ST unico utility) to implement a mechanism to provide an interrupt when a series of movements happen in a defined time slot, to trigger a trip start event, and get the interruption of the movement after accelerations stops for another defined time slot.

I've realized the attached state machines, but I've noticed, after some attempts, that after some movements, less than the requested for trigger trip start, and stops moving the sensor, the machine states stops execution changing the CTRL_REG1 and CTRL_REG2 value.

I'm measuring movement in DIFF mode, and using the state machine 2 called from the state machine 1 by ssync command.

Thanks for all the support, and suggestions

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi, are the ODR of the two FSM the same? Which changes affect CTRL_REG1 and CTRL_REG2 regs? Maybe an exception is occurring... to check if this exception is due to the particular movements or is due to the sensor hw, could you try to leave the sensor at rest while running the 2 FSMs, setting the timings long, and see if they stops? Regards