cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Detect STUSB4500 using STM32F072 EVM board...?

Tirthal Patel
Associate

Hello,sir/mam

We have developed the schematic as per the reference of the STREF-SCS001V1 Board.

I know the STUSB4500 requires PD enable charger as its source so we have taken PD enabled adapter.

I have been using STM32F072 EVM board to detect the STUSB4500 IC .

I have imported the "NUCLEO_F072RB_STUSB_UART_NVM_config_1.04.bin" File in the STM32F072.

I took out the connection(SCL,SDA) from my PCB ,Also connected the PD enabled Adapter and combined my Circuit and STM32F072 Ground.

After uploading the .bin file when i am opening the GUI its Showing Error STUSB4500 not detected.My LD2 green LED works fine on STM32F072 EVM board.

I am attaching you my schematic please verify and suggest solution regarding this.

Your help would be appreciated.So waiting for your Quick response.

0690X0000087oKRQAY.jpg

STUSB4500 Type c schematic

2 REPLIES 2
Gregory Go.
Senior II

Hi,

• 1) The I2C interface requires pull-up resistors on both SCL and SDA.

Please make sure you have pull-ups, because I didn't see them on your schematic.

• 2) Note that older versions of the STUSB4500 GUI had some issues to detect the Nucleo board on some computers.

Please use the latest version of the GUI (v1.0.8 or later) :

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-stusb002.html

• 3) To check the proper detection of the Nucleo board, you can use the Nucleo HwCheckUtility (in attachment).

TQuet.1
Associate

Hi,

I am looking for NUCLEO_F072RB_STUSB_UART_NVM_config_1.04.bin file for flash the Nucleo-64 board. Where I can find it?

I would like to change a STUSB4500 cPD config and it seems that without this tool, is not possible as the flash NVM protocol is not available on any ST document.

Thank in advance

Thierry