cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current consumption vs supply voltage VL53L0x / VL53L1

harald
Associate III

Hy,

I need to design a power consumption optimized (battery based) system using the VL53L0x / VL53L1. I cannot find the current consumption vs voltage in the datasheets. I can either use battery voltage directly (3.6V) or use a high efficiency DCDC (i.e. TI TPS62730) and generate 1.9V.

What current do I expect for HW standby and Active ranging at 3.6V and 1.9V?

Regards

Harald

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
harald
Associate III

Unfortunately this won't work. I was only looking at IO Voltage and forgot about AVDD.

0690X0000087YjaQAE.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
harald
Associate III

Unfortunately this won't work. I was only looking at IO Voltage and forgot about AVDD.

0690X0000087YjaQAE.png

Dominique LOYER
Associate III

Dear Harald,

Indeed, you need 2,8V. The best way to reduce the power consumption is to cut it​ but if you can't stop it, page 23 of the VL53L0X datasheet, you have some values and page 24 for VL53L1X. VL53L0X consumes less than VL53L1X.

Best regards

rastik
Associate III

The difference between SW standy and HW standby is not big, so if you can do all the interaction with I2C only and no GPIO manipulation. In my experience VL53L1X works fine even out of the specified limits - so 3.6V battery can be comnined with 2V8 mode and you can work with one voltage level only. And btw. it works way below the minimum voltage (tested at room temperature).