cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L5CX ULD and device power consumption

AlexCloned
Associate III

I see that the VL53L5CX sensor has two voltage supply alternatives, both for the digital part (IOVDD) and the analog part (AVDD).

I am also observing that starting from version 1.3.3 of the ULD driver, we have a function called vl53l5cx_disable_internal_cp(). In my tests, calling this function resulted in a decrease in current consumption via AVDD by approximately 40%, for both 2.8V and 3.3V supply voltages. Additionally, it is worth noting that the silicon temperature also decreases significantly when this function is invoked.

What are the effects of this function and in what cases should it be called? Does its usage degrade the sensor's performance in any way?

Thank you!

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kwc
Associate III
2 REPLIES 2
AlexCloned
Associate III

I am surprised that there have been no responses on this topic. Not even from the ST staff. The vl53l5cx_disable_internal_cp() function does seem to have an impact on consumption, and its use is likely important. I have not yet found comprehensive documentation explaining the full effects, both positive and negative, of its use. In the coming days, I will be conducting several tests in this regard as I am interested in getting to the bottom of it. Is there anyone else interested out there?

kwc
Associate III