cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I test this entire Boot loader receiving application software over SPI for STM32F207 X and Y version chip , and how to check if my IC is STM32F207 X and Y version .

How can I test this entire Boot loader receiving application software over SPI for STM32F207 X and Y version chip , and how to check if my IC is STM32F207 X and Y version .

I am working with STM32F207 as making it as Slave SPI and using another Master SPI microcontroller to update STM32F207 Application software using inbuilt bootloader of STM32F207 

For this I need to have to check if my STM32F207 is version X and Y and to use inbuilt Boot Loader and update application over SPI as mentioned below 

STM32F2xxxx devices bootloader

Two bootloader versions are available on STM32F2xxxx devices:

• V2.x supporting USART1 and USART3

This version is embedded in STM32F2xxxx devices revision B.

• V3.x supporting USART1, USART3, CAN2 and DFU (USB FS Device)

This version is embedded in STM32F2xxxx devices revision X and Y.

PAGE 65 of the following pdf will explain the same .

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/b9/9b/16/3a/12/1e/40/0c/CD00167594.pdf/files/CD00167594.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00167594.pdf

1 REPLY 1

The version is marked on the top of the chip, and also readable via DBGMCU->IDCODE the Reference Manual should breakdown the chip versions and how they are decoded.

The System Loader can report its version number.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..