cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to ping Ethernet with STM32F207 board , LAN8742A and LWIP

joseph787
Associate II

I'm trying to build a server using STM32F207 processor and LAN8742A I have used CubeIDE to generate the configuration code and modified as follows:

1) ETH -> Auto negotiation Enabled

-> PHY Address = 0

-> PHY SR Offset = 1F

-> PHY Speed Mask = 0x0004

-> PHY Duplex Mask = 0x0010

-> PHY Interrupt Source Flag register Offset = 0x001D

-> PHY Link Down Interrupt = 0x0010

Rest of the settings are default. Since I found these to be wrongly auto generated.

2) LWIP ->  LWIP_DHCP = Disabled

-> IP Address = 192.168.001.111

-> Netmask Address = 255.255.255.000

-> Gateway Address = 192.168.001.001

3) LWIP -> Key Options -> MEM_SIZE (Heap Memory Size) = 10*1024 Bytes

Then generated the code and added the below  

int main(void)
{
   HAL_Init();
  SystemClock_Config();

MX_GPIO_Init();
  MX_LWIP_Init();

while (1)a
  {
  MX_LWIP_Process();
  }
}

But unable to ping the above IP address from my command prompt. when I check "Ipconfig" on the command prompt, it shows this  
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.89.23
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
I have cross verified it shows the above only when I connect LAN cable to my board. But doesn't show my IP Address which I configured.

The Processor is able to communicate with PHY , I could check on my Oscilloscope, the data sent is correct via MDIO and MDC. If I can establish this ping, then I have to create a TCP Server using my board to transfer sensor data to pc and receive command from PC.

Please Help me through , what am I doing wrong or if there are any bugs in the STM32 libraries etc.

2 REPLIES 2
STea
ST Employee

Hello @joseph787 ,

are you using a costume board or this is the nucleo board ?

i think you shoud check the PHY and try to make sure it is configured correctly maybe try to get the status of the LAN8742_Init() function .

or try reading the device address from special mode register .

i recommend you debug in step by set inside the LAN8742_Init() to make sure you have the right configuration set .

BR 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
STea
ST Employee

Hello @joseph787 ,

Your IP address for your PC and your board does not have the same the same mask so they are not on the same network so either change the IP address of your PC or of your board making sure they are on the same network.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.