cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing user code into STM32F103C8 (with USB bootloader updated) using TrueSTUDIO IDE

S.Kamath
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using Blue Pill board (STM32F103C8 with USB bootloader updated - generic_boot20_pc13.bin). I'm connecting Blue Pill board directly to laptop using USB cable (i.e., without using any ST-Link V2 Programming Unit).

I'm using TrueSTUDIO IDE without using any ST-Link V2 Programming Unit.

I want to know how to program/flash user code into Blue Pill board (STM32F103C8 with USB bootloader updated) using TrueSTUDIO IDE?

Please note I'm able to flash user code into Blue Pill board using Arduino IDE. But, I want to know flashing procedure using TrueSTUDIO IDE?

4 REPLIES 4

You'd need to use the STM32 Cube Programmer. Not sure TrueStudio allows for integration outside JTAG or SWD connectivity. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

​I see below 3 selections in TrueSTUDIO under Run -> Debug Configurations -> Debugger

1) ST-LINK

2) SEGGER J-LINK

3) SEGGER J-TRACE Cortex-M

//-------------------

I tried to flash using STM32 Cube Programmer. I did 2 quick trials -

Trial-1:

Connection (top right side icon) selection: UART

Port: COM9 (UART detected and selected correct port)

Board jumpers:  Boot0 =  "0" and Boot1 = "0"

Getting below error while clicking "Connect" icon -

10:49:22 : Serial Port COM9 is successfully opened.

10:49:22 : Port configuration: parity = none, baudrate = 9600, data-bit = 8, stop-bit = 1.0, flow-control = off

10:49:23 : Timeout error occured while waiting for acknowledgement.

10:49:23 : Error: Activating device: KO. Please, verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration. Reset your device then try again...

Trial-2:

Connection (top right side icon) selection: USB

Port: No DFU Detected

Board jumpers: Boot0 = "0" and Boot1 = "1"

Getting below error while clicking "Connect" icon -

10:54:19 : Error: Establishing connection with device failed

To enter the system loader you'd need BOOT0 to be HIGH/ONE when the board is reset.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

​USB device is not recognized when BOOT0 to be HIGH/ONE when the board is reset. This is with USB cable directly connected to Blue Pill board i.e., without using external USB-UART converter..

I'm sure this will work if I use external USB-UART converter. But, My intension is to program STM32F103C8 without using ST-LINK or USB-UART converter