Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Wish List, all suggestions are welcome

T J
Lead

24 Timers

This project could use 8 independent PWM outputs, plus 8 independent counters

and another 8 wouldn't go unwanted. these would still offer IC and OC, PWM etc.

14 REPLIES 14
john doe
Lead

same thing as last year and the year before and the year before that

do even the smallest amount possible of testing before releasing it. we are not your beta test army.

show you're pros instead of amateurs. for a change.

Lead

> do even the smallest amount possible of testing before releasing it. we are not your beta test army.

Can't agree more ...

And a decent forum. Why do even smaller competitors get it right, while ST always pulls the sh***iest platform ?

Danish1
Lead II

More flexible I/O routing, particularly for the interrupt pins.

I know we get a choice of one or two pins for e.g. SPI3 MOSI.

And I know we can use STM32 Cube to discover "If I use SPI2, I can no longer use FSMC because the pins are common, so I'll have to use SPI3 instead"

But once you're using (say) over 90% of the pins on a LQFP stm32 microcontroller, and think "I need another I/O pin that can generate an interrupt", you might find you only have e.g. GPIOB7, GPIOD7, GPIOE7. And you're already using GPIOF7 for an interrupt so none of those ones can do an interrupt.

LMI2
Lead

Make examples and code from CubeMX compatible. That is start with CubeMX when building examples. Easier for you, easier for us.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Firmware libraries and examples on a git server, with all previous releases.

Make pending changes and patches available for review.

A public bug tracker would be nice too.

CubeMX hosted on web, with frequent fixes and no Java to install. A wild dream, yea.

-- pa

Asantos
Senior

A version of STM32L5 with ethernet mac, and place the ethernet pins close to each other, just like everyone else does. And use pins from port D for the ethernet, ex. PD8 to PD14.

An cortex-m33 or cortex-m7 for motor control and digital power conversion with at least 120 MHZ. An upgrade for the very good but slow STM32F303/F334.

Ari

Rob.Riggs
Senior
  • Offer QFN64 versions of the L4 LQFP-64 parts. L4S parts in QFN48 and QFN64.
  • Allow 4.2V on L4 VBAT so we can use a typical 3.7V LiPo directly. (Sure, I can add the diode to drop the voltage, but it would be better done on chip.)
  • Public defect reporting system.
  • Better user forum.
  • Open source repo of HAL libraries that can accept pull requests and where changes can be reviewed by the community.
  • HAL library headers that compile cleanly with modern (C & C++) compilers.

weird
Associate II
  • Finally release STM32MP157 or similar more powerfull yet efficient ARM Cortex-A/R/M
  • Introduce parts with 2 or more Ethernet MAC (like NXP i.MX RT1060) or at least 1GbE MAC
  • Include USB 2.0 High-Speed PHY as standard on high-perf MCUs
  • Support at least DDR1/2(3) SDRAM on FMC at least on high pin count parts
T J
Lead

a processor in SOT-23