cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 supported LCD modules

DLabi
Associate

Hi.

I got the STM32F429 eval board which comes with a small LCD and a demo on it.

I was looking into options for using a better LCD but I can't seem to find any examples with the 32F429 with a better display. Is there a list of supported/popular touch screen LCD-s that can work with it which have a better resolution and larger screen size with a relatively low cost?

And if yes, is there any sort of example code that can be used to test such displays?

3 REPLIES 3

> Is there a list of supported/popular touch screen LCD-s

I'd say, there is no such.

The STM32F439 EVAL https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-eval-boards/stm32439i-eval.html comes with a 640 x 480 display; I'd say that except that display (and its daughterboard) and the mcu (which is only a crypto-enabled version of the '429), the boards will be identical.

JW

You mean the STM32F429I-DISCO board? The STM32F4x9​I-EVAL can use a couple of panels.

You more generally can drive parallel RGB888 type displays, or ones with their own controller via external memory bus.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DLabi
Associate

Yes.

I only ever got those cheap ebay/aliexpress panels, but I never looked into proper panels for making a product.

Does anyone know of some good/reliable panels that can be sourced reliably in large quantity that would work with this? Or a reliable manufacturer I could look into?