Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DE reset w/o supply reset

Martin Lampacher
Associate II

We're using a LIS3DE in our project wired up to the MCU as following:

0690X000006BwSnQAK.png

So we're using I2C for communication and have access to both INT pins, but not to the reset line and neither is there a mechanism to hard-reset the accelerometer.

During development I've often used breakpoints that would mess up I2C and the LIS3DE would stop answering, even after a CPU reset and thus reset of the I2C communication. Only after a power-on-reset of the whole device (VCC off/on) the LIS would start working normally again (no changes in SW).

Since I don't have any access to the reset line I wanted to ask if there's any way to put the LIS in a known state, e.g., by pulling both SCL and SCA to low for a certain amount of time? Or have you noticed a similar behaviour on your side (the LIS being stuck)?

This should clearly be a development issue since there won't be any breakpoints in the final software, but since this device is powered 24/7 and thus has no power-cycles this could be a potential show-stopper.

Any input is appreciated :). Cheers and BR.Martin

1 REPLY 1
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

You can try to send several clock cycles to SCL pin, until the SDA pin is released by the sensor.

It should help if the I2C communication is stucked.