cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with wakeup from stop mode

kkkuba
Associate II
Posted on July 23, 2013 at 21:42

Hi, I've got some difficulties with wake uC up from stop mode. Firstly I copied example from Std Periph Library for STM32F103: it uses alarm from RTC to wake up. I implemented it and everything was OK. But next - I try to make the same in FreeRTOS - I change clock source for tick interrupt to RTC - alarms from RTC generate tick interrupts. I want to get into stop mode in idle hook function and wake up when alarm from RTC happens, but it doesn't work. I didn't change configuration of NVIC and EXTI. I'm clueless why...

Thanks for attention and help
6 REPLIES 6
Nickname12657_O
Associate III
Posted on July 23, 2013 at 23:38

I would suggest to have a look at FreeRToS.org forum on this case, as it seems you made a configuration not compatible with the kernel tasks operation. as in Stop mode, all MCUs clocks are frozen and Idle task will stop as well.

kkkuba
Associate II
Posted on July 24, 2013 at 13:29

Ok, thanks, I'll try.

But does stop mode affect the configuration and operation of the RTC? I think it doesn't, so this is only to ensure

Nickname12657_O
Associate III
Posted on July 24, 2013 at 18:22

You are correct, RTC function is kept active.

Cheers,

STOne-32.

Posted on July 24, 2013 at 18:28

The RTC however does have a dependency on the VBAT supply, and only LSE is in the backup power domain (F1/F2/F4). LSI will not tick when the primary regulators turn off.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Nickname12657_O
Associate III
Posted on July 24, 2013 at 19:01

Dear Clive,

Here we are in STOP mode, Only digital clocks are stooped, but  Power domains are kept powered by VDD and regulator is always active ( either in RUN or LP modes).

It seems the standalone example is working fine ( bare-metal)  , but only when FreeRTOS is added, there is an issue.  So I'm not suspecting Hardware, neither the device...

Ciao,

STOne-32.

kkkuba
Associate II
Posted on July 24, 2013 at 20:09

Thanks for reply,

regards