cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application note for LPS25H?

aaron
Associate II
Posted on March 13, 2014 at 00:22

I am interested in the LPS25H MEMS barometer chip, but I am having a hard time figuring out the footprint of the HCLGA-10L package.

Here is what is called out in the datasheet:

0690X00000605TMQAY.png

I cannot decipher from his what the dimensions of the pads should be.  I believe that e1/2 might give me the width, but I cannot determine the length.  Maybe that's what B is supposed to mean, but I don't see it.

Also, I found that there is a

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/application_note/DM00064026.pdf

but cannot find one for the LPS25H.  I realize it's a very new part, but this would help -- it provides some guidance on how the pads should be laid out.

Can someone more mechanically inclined parse this for me?

Thanks.

#hclga-10l
3 REPLIES 3
aaron
Associate II
Posted on March 15, 2014 at 14:28

For reference, here is the figure of merit from the LPS331AP, which is a comparable part (though with worse resolution).

0690X00000605TRQAY.png

T1 and T2 give the dimensions of the pads, and the rest can be inferred easily.

I suppose I should just use the LPS331AP instead...

gh
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2014 at 11:33

Getting support for ST is much harder than getting blood out of a stone.  They are at Rev 3 of this data sheet and still haven't dealt with this problem.

Freescale make a couple of nice parts which are similar in price.

Nickname3460_O
Associate II
Posted on October 02, 2014 at 07:10

Hello,

Infact we are going to improve the quality of the drawing with more details;

The pad dimension you are looking for are: 0.30mm x 0.45mm (+/- 0.05 mm tolerance)

You can find the LPS25H AN just below the LPS331AP , at this address

http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/resourceSelector/app?page=fullResourceSelector&doctype=application_note&SubClassID=1316

Thank you for your questions