cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429I-DISCO USB Problems

proc9
Associate II
Posted on January 28, 2014 at 15:56

Hello. I have serious problems getting the STM32F429I-DISCO board to work either in USB Host or Device mode. Now I'm trying to get audio example from USB library v2.1.0 to work but when I use internal DMA mode I get error:

usbd_audio_core.c(431): error: #20: identifier ''usbd_audio_Desc'' is undefined

When I use dedicated endpoints in interrupts the board gets recognized after many connect/disconnect tries but it also doesn't work. It's starting to annoy me. I know that STM32F429I-DISCO doesn't have audio codec. I wanted to output sound via PWM. I tried to modify USB examples from Discovery firmware, also without success. I would be grateful for help.
2 REPLIES 2
chen
Associate II
Posted on January 31, 2014 at 11:58

Hi

''When I use dedicated endpoints in interrupts the board gets recognized after many connect/disconnect tries but it also doesn't work.'' The fact that it is sometimes recognized (enumerates) and sometime not AND that it does not work when enumerated - suggests to me that the USB peripheral clock is configured incorrectly. ''I tried to modify USB examples from Discovery firmware'' You must check the clock settings on both boards and configure the Disco board correctly (do not assume that the clocking is the same!). ''

usbd_audio_core.c(431): error: #20: identifier ''usbd_audio_Desc'' is undefined

'' This is simply that ''usbd_audio_Desc'' cannot be found. Is it a variable, function or what? Is it in another file or do you have to write it?
Posted on March 05, 2014 at 09:25

I have STMF4 Discovery (Disco) working with USB, as USB Audio Sound Card or also as UART emulation (VCD).

Projects are here:

http://www.tjaekel.com

Best regards

Torsten