cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM Studio importing variabels problem with arrays

hgroothulze
Associate
Posted on March 18, 2014 at 16:34

I've the problem that STM Studio is not able to import arrays (fixed size) of variables.

That is, they are not in the list based on the imported elf file.

Array of bytes are not a problem but arrays of all other types are not in the list.

However I can add a single table element of any type by hand, based on the address as defined in the map file.  But that is not a method I want to do a lot ;o)

FYI. Recently I changed from Keil uVision to Atollic-TrueStudio. With the Keil generated axf files this problem did not occur.

#stm-studio #variable-import
1 REPLY 1
S C
ST Employee
Posted on March 28, 2014 at 15:15

Hello,

thank you for reporting the issue. It seems to be related to the format of the debug information parsed by the STMStudio, since it works with Keil. It will need investigations. For information the STMStudio is not able to manage bitfields nor multi-dimensional tables; in some cases it might also be helpful to use basic types instead of user types (for instance ''unsigned char'' instead of ''u8'' where u8 = typedef unsigned char); but at first sight this does not seem to explain this present case. If the issue is confirmed a new version fixing it will be delivered in Q2-2014.

Best regards