cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 DiSCOVERY's micro usb port doesn't work

dankom15
Associate
Posted on December 29, 2014 at 18:18

I have an STM32F4Discovery board (STM32F407VGT6) and about a half year I created a program which communicate via micro usb between the board and the computer. Now When I run again that program, (maybe newer atollic studio), it sad, I need to upgrade the firmware, I did it. But now the windows can't recognize the micro usb port. The mini usb which you use to programming the board, it works. I tried 3 different Win7 PC, 3 usb cable with 2 board and nothing. (and this code worked!) Why is this? I need to solve ASAP this...

Normally the windows need to say, ''I looking for driver for XY device'' but I get ''the windwos can't recognize the usb device''. Why?

Now the firmware version is: V2.J20.S0

#stm32f4-discovery:-micro-usb
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on December 29, 2014 at 19:12

So perhaps you should focus on the things you've changed, and whether your change in the tools set has interfered with clock or PLL settings being used. The DISCO board use an 8 MHz HSE clock source, not 25 MHz like much of the firmware library assumes. So looks at HSE_VALUE defined in the project, and the PLL setting is system_stm324fxx.c

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dankom15
Associate
Posted on December 30, 2014 at 00:43

Things.... which I changed.... Only the IDE... Funny is, if I use 4.2.0 IDE, and I flash the program with it, the PC which has this editor, can recognize... My laptop, which has the last version of it (5.0.0), it can't recognize.... WHY? Same code... different IDE version... But the problem is, why can't my laptop recognize the micro usb port, when the desktop PC can... It's soooooooooooo strange....

Another thing, which I need to solve, but I can't find the reason. Why stop running the main while iteration, when the device connected via micro usb? I tried to debug, but the debug cursor goes away.... (I can't see to where) I need to run the main while when the micro usb is connected, and when I send/request data to/from my device, the main iteration stops, then handle the usb data, then continue the main iteration... but no... now it works like this: I send/request a data (anything) and some why when the usb read/write function ran, then once the main iteration will be run... this is the second big WHY?

Posted on December 30, 2014 at 17:19

The function of the micro-usb on a desktop vs notebook is going to be dependent on the USB drivers you have to match the USB code running on the STM32F4-DISCO, and the OS. Not sure the IDE will impact that. Suggest you look at drivers/versions in Device Manager.

The behaviour of the Atollic IDE, and debugger, is something you'll need to discuss with your support contacts at Atollic.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..