Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low power on stm32l073

Aurélien f
Senior

Posted on October 12, 2017 at 12:36

Hello,

I'm facing an issue regarding low power on stm32l073. On my nucleo board NUCLEO-L073, when i go in stop mode, my consumption is around 1 and 3uA, so all seem to be ok. Then, we decided to make our own board (cf. attached file), with the same code, i consume around 30uA and i really don't know why ??? The only difference is the package, on our own design, we are using a stm32l073 LQFP48 (48pin) whereas on the nucleo this is a 64 pins. As i'm not an expert in electronic, i don't know how to investigate this issue.

If you have idea about the possible issue, or if i'm doing something wrong don't hesitate to share.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

6 REPLIES 6
stm322399
Senior
Posted on October 13, 2017 at 10:18

One can only try to make some educated guesses !

The most visible difference with Nucleo is the lack of MCO input on PH0: did you correctly adapt your software for that ?

In short, make sure HSE is not enabled and PH0/PH1 are correctly managed for low power.

--

Laurent

Aurélien f
Senior
Posted on October 14, 2017 at 16:01

Hello,

Thank you very much for the reply. I have verified and all seems to be ok regarding MCO and HSE. Actually, i have two boards that are plugged together, i d rather think it could come from the connectivity between those two boards. I think i don't have enough VSS and VDD pin connected between those two boards.

Regards,

Aurélien

Aurélien f
Senior
Posted on October 28, 2017 at 23:06

Hello,

Actually, i'm still facing an issue since i have soldered my stm32l073 on my own board. I have made printed the boards on PCBWay and i have soldered the STM by using a smd workstation. But my consumption is still above what i'm expecting, that is to say arround 20uA and i don't know why because it should be under 3uA (indeed, when i load the same software on the nucleo board, all is ok regarding the current consumption). For now, i have soldered only the STM + the decoupling capacitors.

If you have any ideas, pls feel free to share

Regards,

Aurélien

Posted on October 29, 2017 at 00:32

Does current drop if you use a 100K pull-down on BOOT0

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on October 29, 2017 at 17:50

hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunatly, it didn't change anything with a 100K pull down resistor on BOOT0

:(

Do you think it could come from my hot air station ?

Regards,

Aurélien

Posted on October 30, 2017 at 20:37

The temperature for the soldering is 250°C