Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming the STEVAL-IME003V1; different waveforms

johnmeador9
Associate
Posted on February 22, 2016 at 06:57

Dear experts;

I am unable to find the documents describing the format of the file which will allow me to make different waveforms than the generic ones already thoughfully supplied..

I extracted the supplied .dfu file to S19 and Hex files, and I see little chance of 

'reverse engineering' the format.

Table 5 of the AN3961 mentions the time resolution of 5 ns, 

duration from 40 ns to 20.48us, 

cycles numbering from 1 to 255,

and infinite cycle defined by the program.

I just can't help but wonder how I can exploit these features.

I expect it is quite complicated, but I have the 'factory-default' .dfu file available to rescue myself, and the SDuFe tool, or perhaps it is sFuDe?

I'll start with low voltages and current limits, in case it is possible to short things by faulty  programming.

I've attempted a diligent flogging of the ST website, without resolution.

Thanks in advance,

jm

1 REPLY 1
ricciardo.antonio
Associate II
Posted on March 03, 2016 at 10:14

Hello, John,

It seems to me to gather frustration from your side, cannot manipulating the standard waveforms stored into IME003V1, but in case a potential ctm needs a particular waveform, we release a custom .dfu where we program by our Lab the exact pattern based on the customer specification. So the ctm send us the HV sequence states timing and we arrange the related dfu. After that we send the dfu and ctm has to do only the upload.

Said that, whether you're interested to built a particular HV waveform, please sent direct to me (

mailto:antonio.ricciardo@st.com

) the timing of the pattern with the HV states composition and we will provide you the .dfu already programmed.

It would be also interesting to know detail of your prj in terms of final application and potential usage of this part.

Hope to hear you soon!

Best

Antonio