cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use timeslot 1 instead of timeslot 0 for headphone output on the STM32F746G Discovery board

misterstarshine
Associate III
Posted on October 11, 2016 at 22:37

Hi.

I attempted to change the timeslot in the BSP_Audio library file wm8994.c for the DAC1 (headphone). The DAC1 timeslot settings seems to be in the 0x601 register for left channel and 0x602 for right channel. By default it seems to be using timeslot 0. However when changing to timeslot 1 no audio is output at all. I know I must configure the audio library output to timeslot 1 as well which works well for speaker output.

The reason I want to change timeslot for the headphone is that having both input and output though the same timeslot seems to give direct audio feedback. This does not happen for the speaker output (DAC2) probably since it uses timeslot 1 while line-in uses timeslot 0. I want to use the headphone jack for this project. Thanks.

#stm32f7-wm8994-headphone
1 REPLY 1
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on October 31, 2016 at 11:43

Hi j.tobbe ,

Please try to refer to this application under the STM32CubeF7 package it may be helpful 

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.5.1\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\Audio\Audio_playback_and_record

-Syrine-