cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RNDIS over USB STM32F746-Discovery ping time out problem

pferd
Associate III

Hello,

I have problem with ping request and RNDIS server. I use STM32F746G-Discovery and Windows 7,10,11.

My steps:

1. I compiled the example STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.17.1\Projects\STM32746G- Discovery\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_RNDIS_Server for FS and uploaded stm32 board.
  2. I set network in Windows for Remote NDIS:

- Deactivate IPv6 and activate IPv4 mode

- Static addresses as follows:

- Address = 192.168.0.11

- Network Mask = 255.255.255.0

- Gateway = 192.168.0.1

- Automatic DNS and Routing deactivated.

pferd_4-1707905565348.png

1. I opened command line and created ping request „ping 192.168.0.10 –t”. It works ok.

pferd_5-1707905565360.png

1. I reconnected usb in PC. Ping doesn’t work. I still have „Request timed out”:

pferd_6-1707905565365.png

To restore communication I need to change the network settings. I have to set IP6 active and click OK.

pferd_7-1707905565383.png

Why is communication restored after IP6 activation? I think than communication should start after connect USB to PC. Can you explain to me what is the problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pferd
Associate III

Hi,

I believe the problem was the antivirus program. When I tested the device without an antivirus program it worked fine. Using Wireshark I could see that not all network packets were arriving.

I gave up using RNDIS over USB.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @pferd 

You are trying to run STM32746G-DISCOVERY_USBD-FS example from cube firmware without any modifications using our reference board MB1191-C03? You followed readme with no success?
If not, please don't hesitate to share your hardware setup and the minimum software to reproduce the issue.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

pferd
Associate III

Hello,

I used the example without any modifications:

...\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.17.1\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_RNDIS_Server

I read "readme.txt" file.

I used your reference board MB1191 B-04 2155003701.

FBL
ST Employee

Hi @pferd 

After several tests, I couldn't reproduce. It appears that deactivating and then reactivating IPV6 allows the target and the host to restore communication without any issues.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

pferd
Associate III

Hi,

I believe the problem was the antivirus program. When I tested the device without an antivirus program it worked fine. Using Wireshark I could see that not all network packets were arriving.

I gave up using RNDIS over USB.