cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the AUDIO_Standalone example in STM32_FW_V1.5.0

misterstarshine
Associate III
Posted on November 03, 2016 at 18:37

I'm trying to make the USB_FS interface to work on my F746G Discovery board. I decided to try the ''AUDIO_Standalone'' in the ''USB_Device'' folder. This project builds and runs fine under System Workbench after adding proper source and include paths in the project settings. A led is blinking in the main loop after all initialization in order to confirm the program is running. However nothing is listed when connecting the USB_FS (CN13 micro-usb connector) to the PC. Nothing is listed with the ''lsusb'' in linux and under windows nothing appears when connecting. I've tried both Windows 7 and Windows XP. I assume something must be listed in the operating system in order to be able to stream any audio data to the Discovery board.

#stm32f7-discovery-usb-audio
1 REPLY 1
misterstarshine
Associate III
Posted on November 05, 2016 at 15:19

I'm not sure what to expect from the example. The text in the readme file didn't provide me with information on how to use the example. My own guess is that the example is supposed to output analog audio through the boards audio codec with audio that is streamed from a computer for example. In order to do that I believe that the USB should be detected when connecting the board to something.