Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STemWin problems with stm32f429I

jzotes
Associate II
Posted on October 14, 2016 at 09:21

Hello everybody;

I have several questios about the usage of the stemwin librarie. I would like to have some help to solve them.

I have use the templates of the stemwin librarie to perform a driver for my tft. It have a 24bit rgb interface. I am using the DVRLIN24 to drive the display.

The driver have by default the address 0 to start writing. If I change that value to the value of the firs address of the LCD register or the internal SRAM1 the code break(hard faul interrupt).

If I do not change nothing, my code works but nothin it is done by the display.

I have read in this forum that stm32f429 do not have enought RAM to use the stemwin librarie without an external RAM, and if you want to use that you have to malloc some RAM space.

My problem is: Where y have to write the info i want to send to the display. Also reading the templates code, i understand that i have to program by hand 4 functions in the config files. This functions are: Draw rect, display rect, draw bitmap16 and draw bitmap8.

It seems to use that functios to know how to write in the display. It is that ok?

I can see al the inicilization signals in the oscilloscope and they are in the correct timing.

My problem start when i want to send information to the display. Could anybody help me? Thanks

#stemwin #stm32f429 #-
1 REPLY 1
slimen
Senior
Posted on October 18, 2016 at 11:54

Hello,

Could you precise which package firmware and STemWin version are you using ?

Today, STemWin-library based on version V5.32 for the last version of STM32CubeF4 V1.13.0.

I would suggest you to follow the description of the emWin display driver section available in this

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/UM03001_emWin5.pdf

and you can refer to the according functions for detailed information on how to use them.

You should follow the configuration steps provided in the 

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/54/c9/95/42/8c/0b/43/69/DM00089670.pdf/files/DM00089670.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00089670.pdf

, in section “3 How to use STemWin Library step by step�.

In the main, take in consideration that the display issue may be caused by one of the following:

- Stack size is too low.

- Wrong initialization of the display controller.

- Wrong configuration of the display interface. 

Regards