james239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on June 13, 2005 at 13:20

Debugging w/Keil's ISD51

2 REPLIES 2
james239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:07

I am a relatively new uPSD user and I have had some trouble setting up the UART debugger through Keil using the demo project from AN1560 (attached). I've searched the forums here, as well as looked at Keil's documentation, and have found that other people have had the same problem as me but I was not able to find an answer in any of the other posts.

After programming through PSDsoft Express, loading the DK3200_1 project through Keil and hitting the debug icon, I get an ''ISD51 Monitor Error'' window which tells me that ''There was no reply from the target system...''. The DK3200 demo board is connected to the PC with the included serial cable. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

james239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:07

Well, I just answered my own question and I figured I would still post my findings in case someone makes my same mistake. It turns out that I had two different copies of the DK3200_1 program which must have been slightly different. I used the hex file from one and the project file from the other, and they didn't match up exactly, so Keil wouldn't enter the debugging state.

It would have been nice if Keil could have made an error message that actually reports the error - ''Source code does not match'' - instead of making me think that my physical connection to the board was incorrect. Oh well, time to start debugging :-[