Associate II
Posted on December 19, 2006 at 00:00

Low power mode-Power Consumption

6 REPLIES 6
elcommselva
Associate II
Posted on December 07, 2006 at 09:18

I'm using the STR711FR2.

I'm using it for a hand held device and power consumption is an important thing to be considered in the power down mode.

I have tried using all the modes: in Standby mode my device is consuming about 1mA and in LPWFI mode it's consuming about 3.5mA. I'm using RTC, so the power down mode should not affect the RTC.

Any one please help me out in reducing the power consumption in the power down[low power] mode.

Regards,

Selva.

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on December 08, 2006 at 10:37

Hello,

In oder to reduce power consumption in LPWFI mode you need to ;

- Stop the Main Voltage Regulator.

- Putt the FLASH in power-down mode.

- and if you select the CK_AF ( teh RTC clock) for the peripheral, you can also stop the external oscillator.

There is an A.N ''AN2100'' for the different low power mode on the web side. please have a look.

Regards.

elcommselva
Associate II
Posted on December 08, 2006 at 23:39

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have stopped the main voltage regulator , have put the flash in power down mode, and also have stopped the oscillator , but still the same. I have no appreciable reduction in the power consumption.

Please help me out.

Regards

selva.

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on December 12, 2006 at 14:03

IF you are in LPWFI mode, stopped the main voltage regulator , have putted the flash in power down mode, and also have stopped the oscillator ; there should be a reduction in power consumption!

Could you tell me what is your clock config before to enter in LPWFI mode? and when you slected the LPWFI mode? Note in LPWFI mode, you have to select MCLK2/16 or CK-AF as source clock.

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on December 18, 2006 at 15:36

You have also to diable the PLL2 if it is not already done. could you check this point?

thanks.

elcommselva
Associate II
Posted on December 19, 2006 at 00:00

Dear Moderator,

I have found the root cause for the power consumption. My crystal was consuming the power. My controller is consuming only about 200uA. Thanks for all your support.