cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect definitions in older stm32f4xx.h

Posted on May 12, 2015 at 20:25

If you carry over a stm32f4xx.h (together with a bunch of other system headers) from older projects as I do, and want to reset SPI2 or SPI3 in software, and it won't work, then fix the RCC_APB1RSTR_SPI2RST and RCC_APB1RSTR_SPI3RST definitions.

This had been fixed in stm32f4xx.h somewhen between v1.0.2 and v1.1.0, and there is no mention of it in the Release notes (yes, I do read release notes exactly in order to find out such relevant changes; no I don't have time nor energy to diff to each new version; no, I don't and won't copy over new versions blindly).

ST, PLEASE do care about documenting ALL such changes.

In exchange, I do regularly update the

http://efton.sk/STM32/STM32F4xx_doc_errors.txt

document; feel free to use it.

Thanks

JW

2 REPLIES 2
qwer.asdf
Senior
Posted on May 13, 2015 at 10:43

Thanks for that document.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on May 14, 2015 at 15:31

Hello Jan,

I would like to thank you for sharing this file which gathers feedbacks on various resources. Thanks also for all your contributions to keep our forum alive (unfortunately with all its know limitations) -you and all other members-.

Please note that your feedbacks are well received. Now its is needed to check them and apply changes in associated documents. For sure, they will be implemented in coming revisions.

Best Regards

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.