cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect RTC register definitions in SVD for STM32L4Q5

AGard.1
Associate II

I've grabbed the latest SVD files from https://www.st.com/resource/en/svd/stm32l4plus_svd.zip, and confirmed that the RTC section is incorrect. It contains an ISR register, as in an original STM32L4 RTC, but not the SR and ICSR registers as in the STM32L4 Plus line. I've checked all of the files in stm32l4plus_svd.zip and none of them has the SR and ICSR registers for the RTC. I haven't looked at these in depth, so there may be other errors as well. Please provide an updated SVD ASAP! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AGard.1​ ,

Thank you for the clarification.

I attached the updated SVD files for STM32L4+ series to add missing registers.

The package will be published soon in the ST web site.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @AGard.1​ and welcome to the Community,

I will check this issue and come back to you soon.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi @AGard.1​ ,

According to the RM0432 related for the STM32L4+ series, the definition for RTC registers is aligned with svd files and there is no missing registers such as SR or ICSR. All registers are present as described in the reference manual, in the section 46.6.21 for the RTC register map.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
AGard.1
Associate II

Imen,

Thank you for looking into this. You refer to chapter 46, which is "Real-time clock (RTC) applied to STM32L4Rxxx and STM32L4Sxxx only". It appears that the RTCs in this series do match the SVD files, and are very similar to, or maybe identical to the RTC in older STM32L4 parts, e.g. STM32L476. However, I am using an STM32L4Q5, which is described in chapter 47, "Real-time clock (RTC) applied to STM32L4P5xx and STM32L4Q5xx only". While the RTCs operate similarly, the ISR register has been split out into separate ICSR and SR registers, and the SR register is now read-only, with a new SCR "Status clear register" providing clear functionality for the flags in the SR. Code written for the older RTC does NOT work for an STM32L4Q5.

-Alan

Hi @AGard.1​ ,

Thank you for the clarification.

I attached the updated SVD files for STM32L4+ series to add missing registers.

The package will be published soon in the ST web site.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

Thanks
Imen

Imen,

Thank you for this file. It does appear to have everything I need in the RTC registers. Unfortunately, it looks like we're also missing the new TAMP registers which is where the backup RAM is now located, e.g. BKP0R. This is less important, but it would be great to have a 100% accurate SVD eventually. Take care.

-Alan

Thanks @AGard.1​ for your feedback.

Our team are working to provide a complete svd file.

(Internal Ticket ID 117527)

PS: This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers.

Thank you for your patience and thank you once again for your contribution.

Imen

Thanks
Imen