cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New STM32 Website for Projects and Sharinhg Info

jlchoobs
Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2012 at 21:56

I want to post this website link - as a reference for Examples, Code, Projects, Shared Notes, etc - on STM32, Stm32f103, Stm32f407, Stm32f4Discovery, etc.

[[this link/image has been flagged as malicious by our security scan software and has been deleted]]

12 REPLIES 12
emalund
Associate III
Posted on April 16, 2012 at 22:14

and next week someone else will make a STM32 website, and next week ....

and soon we will all be scouring 47 websites to see if there is info relevat to our problem.

I have NO INTENTION WHATSOEVER of participating in a secondary website.

Erik
Posted on April 17, 2012 at 01:14

I want to post this website link - as a reference for Examples, Code, Projects, Shared Notes, etc - on STM32, Stm32f103, Stm32f407, Stm32f4Discovery, etc.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to have any of these things, why wouldn't you just participate here?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jlchoobs
Associate II
Posted on April 18, 2012 at 10:20

Now includes USB Mass Storage Project - see:

[[this link/image has been flagged as malicious by our security scan software and has been deleted]]

emalund
Associate III
Posted on April 18, 2012 at 17:24

why wouldn't you just participate here?

no bragging raights

jlchoobs
Associate II
Posted on April 18, 2012 at 17:58

It seems that I AM also participating here.

I have only been here for 2 days - and left Code for 1 Project.

I have put many projects into the Atmel and Linux and otrher groups/sites in the past also.

-Sorry but, STMicros isn't letting me to write WebPages for their site yet ...

🙂

Posted on April 18, 2012 at 18:26

Yes, but your first post is an astroturfing one, to which Erik's response was basically why do we need yet another forum.

Having you're own project page is great, but I'm not convinced the community needs another forum. Getting forum traffic is difficult, getting people to answer questions is even harder, most forum participants come focused on their own problems and then leave. If you have some gravitas here you might stand a better chance of attracting traffic to your own site.

ST has a very open policy on this site, providing you aren't hawking competing silicon. The site is also regularly spidered by Google. Post something here you're pretty much assured a high ranking search result.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
emalund
Associate III
Posted on April 18, 2012 at 18:27

Sorry but, STMicros isn't letting me to write WebPages for their site yet

why on earth would you want to write web pages related to the STM32 here or elsewhere?

anything essential can be written in a post

Erik

jlchoobs
Associate II
Posted on April 18, 2012 at 19:37

Who is 'astroturfing' ?

I just want to present a site with a list of projects.

- As is the intention for my forum.

I don't have the bandwidth to support a forum like yours.

I can find very little Code on your site - and I want to provide a direct resource with assorted projects - like the kinds that I want/need to find - but can't - for other Engineers.

I am in the process of developing development boards using the stm32f4xx chips - and so the reason for my questions.

And, I hope to present them to the community soon.

By the way - can you or anybody at STM answer my question ?

A simple Design/Code solution for Usb MSC on its Stm32f4Discovery Board like on the Stm32f103 Firmware and the Stm3240g Board Firmware ? 

It looks simple enough - but my few weeks of experience on Stm32 is not enough to know all of the catch-yas and Register issues.  I have USB working - but the SDCard is not recognized or communicating - or ...  Why does STM not provide this Code solution for its Stm32f4Disc Brd ?

I hoped that STM would be open to all of this.

Why sooo picky ?

ps - I am an Embedded Robotics Engineer,

With about 20-30 years embedded experience - through: 6500, 68000, HC11, PIC, Atmel, LPC, Xilinx, etc.  Besides, Linux Realtime Kernel work, etc.

😉
emalund
Associate III
Posted on April 18, 2012 at 20:00

I just want to present a site with a list of projects.

- As is the intention for my forum.

I don't have the bandwidth to support a forum like yours.

I hoped that STM would be open to all of this.

the forum is not ''ours'' it is a user forum, maybe, maybe not, monitored by ST

thus what ST would be open to is irrelevant

Why sooo picky ?

what we (the users) object to is someone trying to make the hunt for info take longer than needed by spreading it over many places

Erik