cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USART and wifi

pietro2
Associate II
Posted on January 30, 2013 at 12:34

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on January 30, 2013 at 13:58

You need to start by allocating some memory behind your RX/TX Buffers.

The code looks workable, although it does some unnecessary stuff. If the STM32 doesn't get a response you'll need to look into why the WiFi would not do so. You should perhaps use a scope and confirm that the WiFi actually responds.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
pietro2
Associate II
Posted on January 31, 2013 at 10:59

i'm trying with other codes, but the problem is the same, when i send the first string ''$$$'', then the wifi sends the CMD string correctly but when i send ''get mac<cr>'' the code loops on the seguent istrucion of interrupt routine

if((USART_GetITStatus(USART1, USART_IT_RXNE) == SET))

Then i try to send ''$$$'', i modify the code sending only ''get mac<cr>'', now i receive correctly the mac.

in other words seems that my code receive only one string

it's possible ''unlock'' it after first reception? 

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 11:15

I guess you'll need to look at what other statuses the USART is asserting.

The printf() in the interrupt is probably ill advised, where is that output going?

You could perhaps transfer the data to/from your console to the device, and interact with the WiFi manually. Once you can see the responses you want/expect you can automate that in your code.

If the USART is not showing RXNE assume it's not receiving anything, and confirm the presence/absence of signal with a scope.
pietro2
Associate II
Posted on January 31, 2013 at 14:04

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6bn&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bri%2FLur8KSE4D6ytj9sSpMGF.IUqeZ1GTKb1uYSvjThN1QY&asPdf=false
vikas23
Associate
Posted on March 05, 2013 at 07:21

hi i migrate on stm32f0 recentaly so i m working on different features of mcu but when i trying USART it is not respond can u find error in my main programe

thanks

Posted on March 05, 2013 at 14:32

You're off topic and haven't posted any code, not a promising start.

Is there a reward/bounty for fixing your code?