cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H573I-DK stuck in EMW3080 firmware update utility

jmub
Associate

Hello,

I have a STM32H573I-DK and I tried to update the firmware of X-WIFI-EMW3080B as described in the package "WiFi firmware update for MXCHIP EMW3080B on STM32 boards" downloaded from https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/x-wifi-emw3080b.html#st_description_sec-nav-tab.

When I'm connected over the ST-LINK USB connector and start the serial terminal (115200, 8N1) I see the following messages and prompt:

################### Welcome to EMW3080 firmware update utility 1.1.0 for board RevA  ###################
STM32> Configured for MXCHIP embedded FW ST-EMW3080B_V2.3.4_SPI.OTA.BIN 0x800024c / 686672 bytes
STM32> Push the user button (Blue) to program the EMW3080 device or enter command
STM32> MCU system clock 240 MHz, Uart Baud rate 921600, Software emulated UART bit duration 260 cycles

"      help"            print this message
"      boot"            boot EMW3080 (needed before using mx command)  
"        mx"            mx [cmd]: send command to mxchip device (cmd which requires ymodem protocol can't be used)
"     flash"            flash mxchip firmware (same as pushing the blue button)
"     check"            check mxchip firmware
STM32>

Resetting the board does not help, it returns to the same prompt. Also, none the commands seem to work, e.g. typing help does not display anything, the system seems stuck.

Is there any way to restore the board to the factory functionality, i.e. running the demos it was shipped with?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Guillaume K
ST Employee

Hello 

The STM32H573I-DK demo software binary is available on st.com web site, on the the board's page, in Tools and Software tab:

STM32H573I-DK - Discovery kit with STM32H573IIK3Q MCU - STMicroelectronics

look for "Binary resources" section, "Compiled demos".

direct link:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/compiled_demos/stm32h573i-dk-demo.zip

you can program it with STM32CubeProgrammer

Guillaume K
ST Employee

Regarding the WiFi firmware update: before running the firmware, did you plug the MB1400 EMW3080 board to the STM32H573I-DK STMOD+ connector (CN3) ? (with MXCHIP chip facing "up")