cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F469I - Graphics Issue? (Loading Images from Memory)

Yi?it Uyan
Associate II
Posted on July 15, 2017 at 12:01

I have recently got a STM32F469I-DISCOVERY board to start embedded development on STM32 family. To begin, I have downloaded the STM32F4 firmware package and started to test some of the demo applications provided. It seems that there is a graphics issue with some of these applications, specifically when loading images from the memory.

To give you some context, when I run the demo, the ST-Life Augmented logo as well as the menu items are drawn distorted (1-DemoScreen.png). When I run an application like LCD_DSI_ImagesSlider, the result is even worse with all buggy, blue-green images (2-ImageSlider.png). What do you think might be causing this, and how can I solve this?

Things I have tried/thought so far:

1) The LCD display is connected via CN10 connector. The connection seems intact and the display works totally fine.

2) In fact, I wrote a test application to test the screen colors, by drawing different colored circles all over. (3-GraphicTest.png) It seems that it can display all colors properly.

3) The loaded images seem to be stored in .h files in binary form (eg. uint32_t array of [384000] points). My current guess is that the memory address these images are aligned to, or how they are interpreted/read, is not right. This might be due to something happened to the the MCU, or a misconfiguration due to my IDE/toolchain settings. 

4) As a side note, I am using SW4STM32 out of the box. I have updated the firmware of my device, however this have not solved anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

-YiÄŸit

5 REPLIES 5
Meenal Burrows
Associate II
Posted on September 12, 2017 at 16:03

Hi - I have the exact same issue. Pre-loaded (out of the box), the graphics looked fine - but then when I actually built the demo application and loaded it on to the Discovery board, I ran into this issue. Were you able to trace the root of the problem?

Thanks.

Posted on September 12, 2017 at 16:13

>>Were you able to trace the root of the problem?

You need to load contemporaneous image data into the QSPI FLASH using the External Loader

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on September 12, 2017 at 16:27

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkXSNSA3

Posted on September 12, 2017 at 16:44

Hi both,

Thanks for the message. Just wondered if you could help me with this error? Thanks.

0690X00000608CKQAY.png
Posted on September 12, 2017 at 17:05

Hi all,

How odd - the ST-LINK doesn't like it when I program via External Loader -> .. -> Program but using the Program/Verify button on the toolbar works!

Thanks,

Meenal