Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32cubemx

starfish a
Associate II
Posted on June 26, 2018 at 20:50

Hello,

I am using the STM32CubeMX application version 4.26.0 (see the attached files)

There is no option for me to choose 'Copy all used libraries into the project folder'. 

The radio button was there but it grey out (disable).  

Does anyone know how to re-enable the radio button?  

Thank you

#stm32cubemx.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee
Posted on June 27, 2018 at 19:05

Hi Star, 

If you are using a GCC compiler (SW4STM32 or TrueStudio) this option is incompatible so it is grayed in MX

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee
Posted on June 27, 2018 at 19:05

Hi Star, 

If you are using a GCC compiler (SW4STM32 or TrueStudio) this option is incompatible so it is grayed in MX

starfish a
Associate II
Posted on June 28, 2018 at 16:17

What is other compiler tool (free)?  Arm Keil is not free.

Posted on June 28, 2018 at 16:27

The free ones tend to use GNU/GCC. So you'll have to accept some limitations. 

If you are using a ST CM0 part there is a free Keil license available. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Sebastian1
Associate II

Hi Dear

I m using STM32CubeMX 5.3.0 and I want use Toolchain / IDE : Other Toolchains (GPDSC) to my project but the option "Copy all used libraries into the project folder" are disabled, on previous version these option for GPDSC are enable, later update my STM32Cube these option are disabled, why??

thanks

andrea.raffin
Associate

I have the same problem as Sebastian here. I always used GPDSC generation with VisualGDB on MS Visual Studio for all my projects. After formatting my PC I installed version 5.3 and had this option greyed out and couldn't make my projects work again because driver files cannot be found. I had to downgrade to 4.27 to keep working on my backups.

Can ST please provide an explanation for this choice?

If in the next years version 4 becomes deprecated/discontinued, we won't be able to use this kind of workflow? ...For what reason?!

Thanks

Hi Andrea

I m fix my problem choose the option "Add necesary library files as reference..... " but I have other machine with old version, I not continue with a new project with the last cube version, maybe if you try with these option can fix your problem, by the way I want know if ST can say if now is the correct way to create a project using these option because I m use visualGDB too with GPDSC

thanks