cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK-V3SET connection to STM32MP157C using CubeProgrammer

GHers.1
Associate

hello,

I am connecting the STM32MP157C to the debugger using STDC14 CN1 connector in JTAG mode.

Please tell me the pin/signal direction, with regard to the debugger, for the following:

Pin 4, T_JTMS

Pin 6, T_JCLK

Pin 8, T_JTDO

Pin 10, T_JTDI

The connection fails using the CubeProgrammer.

I get the following message: "ST-LINK error (DEV_UNKNOWN_MCU_TARGET)".

On the debugger the PWR led lights green and the COM led lights red.

The signals I am using to connect are: T_JTMS, T_JTCK, T_JTDI, T_JTDO (STM32MP157C to debugger) and also providing 3.3V to pin 3, T_VCC and of-course connecting the GND pins.

I am not connecting STM32MP NJTRST pin to pin 12, T_NRST in the debugger (the STM32MP has an internal PU on it).

The STM32MP157C boot mode is JTAG (although doesn't work in USB boot mode).

What am I missing here?

thanks

Gil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @GHers.1​ 

With ST32MPx products (MPUs), the JTAG is only used for debugging, so cannot connect to CubeProgrammer. CubeProgrammer connect using USB.

Debugging with JTAG is using CubeIDE.

See https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-DK2/Let%27s_start

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @GHers.1​ 

With ST32MPx products (MPUs), the JTAG is only used for debugging, so cannot connect to CubeProgrammer. CubeProgrammer connect using USB.

Debugging with JTAG is using CubeIDE.

See https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-DK2/Let%27s_start

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.