cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you use CubeProgrammer_API.dll to do Secure Firmware Install and SSP?

msj
Associate II

There are a number of functions used by the STM32_Programmer_CLI to accomplish secure firmware install and secure secrets provisioning (STM32U5 and STM32MP13 being the targets). I'm looking at what's needed to integrate this process into build/program/test harness - ideally via the API.

None of the examples seem to describe how to accomplish this via API. I was able to retrieve the chip certificate for the U5 via the API after wiretapping/verbose debugging of the CLI tool. It pretty straight forwardly reads a specific address via the DFU. What I couldn't figure out is where this address is coming from. On another board (L5) its a different address. I'd really like a general solution for this.

Is there documentation or examples of using the API to accomplish the tasks described in AN4992 (STM32MCUs secure firmware install (SFI) overview) or AN5510 (Overview of the secure secret provisioning (SSP) on STM32MP1 Series)?

3 REPLIES 3
OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi msj (Community Member)

There will be an API example for SSP provided In the next revision of CubeProgrammer v2.14.0. For SFI there is some demand to have the same but it is not yet forecasted.

Rgds,

Olivier

msj
Associate II

Thanks! Could you tell me approximately when that will be released?

OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi msj (Community Member)

The release forecast for 2.14 is for end of June.

Rgds,

Olivier