cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can the STM Cube Programmer API be used for programming OTP on STM32MP1 ?

PBees
Associate

I am integrating the cube programmer API into some end of line production test. I've been able to use the API for loading firmware images, and I can prepare a board for OTP programming by loading TFA and uboot, but I can find no API support for programming OTP on the MP1 parts, am I missing something or is this absent from the API? How is this done within the programmer CLI tool? (i.e. how to the OTP commands function, what API calls do they use so I can replicate some of this functionality)

I can't easily use the existing programmer CLI to automate since I'm working with 6 boards still on a panel prior to breakout, and the CLI (and API) doesn't handle multiple connected instances well when repeatedly executing programmer CLI commands as the USB device instance seems to change and I need to be sure which boards I'm programming unique values to (e.g. MAC address / serial number etc)

It would be really useful if ST followed NXPs lead and open sourced their programming tools so we could sort out these issues ourselves.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi PBees (Community Member)

In the latest Ecosystem delivery DV4.0, a tool based on open bootloader called STM32PRGFW-UTIL_v1.0.0 Firmware utility can manage One-time Programmable (OTP) memories. Sources are available on github. Details on this link:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32PRGFW-UTIL_release_note

Regarding the parallel programming, we don't have the API available yet but an example with CubeProgrammer to program multiple instances: here

Regards,

Olivier

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi PBees (Community Member)

In the latest Ecosystem delivery DV4.0, a tool based on open bootloader called STM32PRGFW-UTIL_v1.0.0 Firmware utility can manage One-time Programmable (OTP) memories. Sources are available on github. Details on this link:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32PRGFW-UTIL_release_note

Regarding the parallel programming, we don't have the API available yet but an example with CubeProgrammer to program multiple instances: here

Regards,

Olivier