cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCubeProgrammer will not start

Peeters.Bram
Senior

I just installed en.stm32cubeprg-win64_v2-7-0.zip.

Installation went without problems but when I try to start the application I get the splash screen and then it just exits apparently.

If I runt it from a prompt I get no messages.

C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin>STM32CubeProgrammer.exe

C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin>

Is there a verbose mode or a log file to figure out why it does not want to start (windows 7 pro).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

CubeProgrammer uses the java version bundled inside install folder ,no matter which java version installed in your PC.

May be you have local environment variable with wrong values, can you check the environment parameter related to java like" Java_home" ?

Houda

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Seen issues with what Java runtime is installed, or has be uninstalled improperly (registry keys which are wrong/stale). Delete old JRE

Also with External Loaders which are not valid, ie internal naming, or ELF format/structure/form

I think there is a log buried in the \User subdirectories.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

As mentioned by @Community member​  it seems to be Java issue , you can :

1. Delete OLD JRE
  2. C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer-2-8-0-B1\bin\jre\bin\java -jar STM32CubePRogrammer.exe to be sure to use the bundled java version .
  3. Be sure to have admin rights.

Please try this recommendation and tell me if it is Ok.

Houda

I have admin rights, I tried installing the latest jre , and run from the command line but neither of them work.

Running from the command line does give me more info about the problem though.

Apparently I have an outdated JNA, but I have no idea where this comes from or how I update it (installing the latest JRE (Version 8 Update 291) does not update the JNA it seems, and running from the command line using the supplied version also does not fix the JNA problem).

C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\jre\bin>.\java -jar ..\..\STM32CubePRogrammer.exe

Exception in Application start method

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:382)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:321)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(LauncherHelper.java:767)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:823)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$1(LauncherImpl.java:181)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: java.lang.Error:

There is an incompatible JNA native library installed on this system

Expected: 5.2.2

Found:   5.1.0

<...>

I will spend some time later trying to figure out how to update this jna component, suggestions are welcome.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

CubeProgrammer uses the java version bundled inside install folder ,no matter which java version installed in your PC.

May be you have local environment variable with wrong values, can you check the environment parameter related to java like" Java_home" ?

Houda

Ok there is no java_home or something like that, but it was the PATH variable that I had to clear to make it work. I am guessing one of the paths points to some older jave version floating around on my system.

Thanks for the help!