cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer won't start up

sastek
Associate II

Hi, I've just installed v2.14.0 for the first time, but it will not start up. All I get is the blue STM screen for a few second, then it disappears. I tried the command prompt start up detailed in This Post but I end up with an error message, shown below. I need help on how to proceed as I do not have JRE installed on my PC, but have had it in the past. I've tried re-installing STM32... but that didn't help

Exception in Application start method
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:382)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:321)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(LauncherHelper.java:767)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:823)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$1(LauncherImpl.java:181)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.Error:

There is an incompatible JNA native library installed on this system
Expected: 5.2.2
Found: 5.1.0
c:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\jre\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AGL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Brackets\command;C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\;C:\Ruby22\bin;C:\Users\stuar\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\Scripts;C:\Users\stuar\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32;C:\Program Files\FileBot\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Ruby22\bin;C:\Users\stuar\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\stuar\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Users\stuar\AppData\Local\atom\bin;%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;..
To resolve this issue you may do one of the following:
- remove or uninstall the offending library
- set the system property jna.nosys=true
- set jna.boot.library.path to include the path to the version of the
jnidispatch library included with the JNA jar file you are using

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sastek
Associate II

Never mind, I found the problem. Another app in PATH was causing the error.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sastek
Associate II

Never mind, I found the problem. Another app in PATH was causing the error.

dchandrakanth
Associate II

What was the issue? and how did you solve it?

Guessing by changing the PATH ordering?

Start by showing the error YOU GOT rather than me-tooing a prior post

The error the OP reports seems to suggest it's pulling some old SUN JAVA runtime, perhaps not Oracles, or the one provided by ST.

What can also cause STM32 Cube Programmer to hang up if you have used a .BIN / .HEX on some un-mapped network drive, or it otherwise can't find this time around.

There's a configuration file within the User's AppData directory for the tool.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dchandrakanth
Associate II

Issue is STM32Cube programmer does not start

dchandrakanth
Associate II

Issue is fixed by adding -Djna.nosys=true in the new line in C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\STM32CubeProgrammer.l4j.ini

My problem was due to another app called filebot having an old or incompatible version of java. It was listed in Windows PATH variables before the new java entries, so it was causing java errors. I no longer used filebot, so just uninstalled it.