cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G4 bootloader via canbus

PedroLuis
Associate

Im trying to bootloader my firmware in my nucleo G431RB vía canbus with a StLink v3 set,  its posible?.

In An2606 says there is no opción.

Do i have to write the bootloader ? And with that i will be able to load vía StLink v3 set?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @PedroLuis and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

For the STM32G431RB, the only hardware ressources that can be available are USART, SPI, DFU and I2C. CAN is not available for bootloader. Look at the AN2606 and the product datasheet.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @PedroLuis and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

For the STM32G431RB, the only hardware ressources that can be available are USART, SPI, DFU and I2C. CAN is not available for bootloader. Look at the AN2606 and the product datasheet.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Indeed no bootloader over CAN bus. See AN2606 / Table 99. STM32G431xx/441xx configuration in system memory boot mode.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Is it possible if I write the bootloader vía canbus by myself? 

Hi 

Bootloader is not possible Via CAN in the STM32G431RB.

Best Reagrds.

STTwo-32