cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer fails to install in 32-bit Linux with the following error Failed to parse: /home/richard/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin/libstp11_SAM.so.conf I did not see a solution to the problem

RHine.1
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
Imen GH
ST Employee

​Hello,

According to user Manual UM2237 of STM32CubeProgrammer software description , the Supported operating systems and architectures are :

Linux: 64-bit

Windows:7/8/10 32-bit and 64-bit

macOS: (minimum version OS X® Yosemite)

So, it does not support Linux: 32-bit

Regards

1.1 System requirements Supported operating systems and architectures: • Linux® 32-bit and 64-bit (tested on Ubuntu 14.04) • Windows® 7/8/10 32-bit and 64-bit • macOS® (minimum version OS X® Yosemite) The Java™ SE Run Time Environment 1.8 (version 1.8.121 or newer) from Oracle® must be installed. (Download available from www.oracle.com) The minimal supported screen resolution is 1024x768.
UM2237
1.1 System requirements Supported operating systems and architectures: • Linux® 32-bit and 64-bit (tested on Ubuntu 14.04) • Windows® 7/8/10 32-bit and 64-bit • macOS® (minimum version OS X® Yosemite) The Java™ SE Run Time Environment 1.8 (version 1.8.121 or newer) from Oracle® must be installed. (Download available from www.oracle.com) The minimal supported screen resolution is 1024x768
I spent 30 years of my life in hardware/software development. I want nothing to do with any Version of Windows.
I changed over to Linux in 2008 because of all the Windows related problems and cost. People will not buy 64-bit systems
just to program a 6 Dollar Microcontroller. Just recently I tried using a 32-bit version of AC6 and again ran into problems.
It would not download the necessary firmware for the project.
I used Wireshark to see what was being requested for the firmware download and found that the requested zip file no longer
existed on the server!. I manually download the firmware from the ST web site.
en.stw-stm32054.zip. ST is going the same way Microsoft has trying to force people to use Windows. And not supporting 32-bit linux.
Microsoft learned the hardway that developers will stay away from products that are not fully supported in 32-bit Linux.