cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start CubeProgrammer CLI from a custom folder path

DAUSILI
Associate II

Hi,

I'm working on download an ".elf" file on MCU without using the CUBE Programmer Application.

I need to start the "STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" from any folder path, other then the default:

C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin

I don't want to move on the work directory the entire "...\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer"  that is 750 MB (in this way it works).

I already tried with the only "bin" folder, but it does not work.

Anybody know what files and folders are strictly necessary to do this?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

It needs some data files in directories relative to its own location (assumed in the 'bin' subdir). Start from compete installation and experiment what you can delete. Also, your partner can use J-Flash, it has much smaller footprint ~ 150 MB but requires expensive J-Link.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

> I need to start the "STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" from any folder path, other then the default:

You don't have to be in the bin folder to start it. You can start it from any folder. Use the full path to the exe and include it within quotes if there are spaces in the path. For example:

C:\>"C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" /?
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                       STM32CubeProgrammer v2.15.0
      -------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\>

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank you so much  for the quick answer.

I need to use the "STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" to distribute the .elf file to my board supplier. He has to program the MCU, but he is not a developer, so he hasn't the CUBE Programmer Application.

For this reason I need to reduce the dimension and start "STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" from any folder.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

It needs some data files in directories relative to its own location (assumed in the 'bin' subdir). Start from compete installation and experiment what you can delete. Also, your partner can use J-Flash, it has much smaller footprint ~ 150 MB but requires expensive J-Link.

Hi @Pavel A. ,

I will try with some experiment to reduce the size. Thank you.