cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK V2 (stm8 & stm32) Cannot connect

Frozenhore
Associate

Hello!

So i would like to ask for a little help. The STM32 is kinda new for me, i always did stuff on Arduinos. So i have a LoraWan E5 wich i want to program with ST-Link V2, but as soon as i want to connect to it (to the st-link) in the STM32CubeProgrammer i get the errors below. How would I be able to connect it?

5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Do yourself a favour and test your procedures on "known good" hardware. Your debugger is a stlink clone of unknown origin. Do you have some genuine STM32 board with on board debugger? Learn there first, Otherwise you have to dive deeper and learn on the job. And tripple check your connections.

It should not be clone I bought it from a legit place.

@Frozenhore „Legit place“ is not necessarily an authorised dealer. As @Uwe Bonnes has correctly pointed out, your photo is 100% certain to show a clone that also contains a fake STM32.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AScha.3
Chief II

1. Your st-link IS a "clone" . As all these st-link-sticks are . But they work fine , if you have a "good" one, with STMF103x inside . (I have some of these also, so i know.)

2. How you want to program the E5 module with the st-link ? Did you read about your E5 ? 

see seed-studio info...

AScha3_0-1729714019695.png

So you should use the AT firmware and only try to flash an update, if you know, what you do!

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

@Frozenhore wrote:

I bought it from a legit place.

What place, exactly?

Give a link