cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFI Step-by-step on STM32 boards with STM32HSM-V2AE

mikel-m
Associate II

Hi,

I have a STM32HSM-V2AE and I tried to follow de "SFI Step-by-step on STM32 boards". In the part of "HSM programming" I connect the STM32HSM-V2AE to the computer with the smart card reader ACS ACR39U-UF but I have the following error:

Error: HSM initialization error 0x88000002

What I have to do to continue from this step onwards?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

i have same problem with 2.16.0 version. Seems it's the last version problem. At least version 2.14.0 do not throw error 0x88000002 even with generic smart card reader.

Regards,

Slavomir

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chloe Meunier
ST Employee

Hello, 

it seems you don't have the right external smart reader.

Can you try to get one of the recomended smart card reader 

Best Regards

Chloé

Hi,

I will look at the list of smart card readers you have provided and will try one of them. I will provide feedback.

Thank you and best regards,

Mikel Morillo

Hello,

I have purchased the "HID OMNIKEY 3121" reader, but I am still unable to read the HSM. Additionally, in "STM32 Trusted Package Creator", when I try to program the HSM, I get the following error:

Error: HSM initialization error 0x88000002

Any solution to this problem?

Best regards,

Hello,

i have same problem with 2.16.0 version. Seems it's the last version problem. At least version 2.14.0 do not throw error 0x88000002 even with generic smart card reader.

Regards,

Slavomir

Hello,

I have tried version 2.14.0 and I no longer get the error 0x88000002, allowing me to program the HSM. I haven't had time to continue with the tutorial, but I think I can proceed with this now.

Thank you very much.

One step forward, reinstall STM32 Trusted Package Manager version 2.16 into a new directory helps, and is working now.

S.T.