and using stlink v2 to flash it  

any suggesting 

best regards  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> how to flash stm32f423 using st link v2

The board needs to have the SWD header. I'd recommend using the standard 14-pin header as on the STLINK-V3MINIE.

After that, power the board, connect the SWD header to the programmer, and connect to the board with STM32CubeProgrammer.

Note that many generic STLINK V2 programmers are counterfeit and may not work with your hardware.

If you're brand new, perhaps pick up a nucleo board which has an on-board programmer and use that until you're comfortable with the tools.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

Is there a question? This should be doable.

See the hardware design guide for how to design your own board:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an4488-getting-started-with-stm32f4xxxx-mcu-hardware-development-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Put a 14-pin header for debugging and use a genuine debugger like STLINK-V3MINIE.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
mick
Associate II

@TDK  Thanks for reply 

I am sorry if my question is not clear enough

My question in specific : how to flash stm32f423 using st link v2 , because i want to design PCB board 

best regards 

TDK
Guru

> how to flash stm32f423 using st link v2

The board needs to have the SWD header. I'd recommend using the standard 14-pin header as on the STLINK-V3MINIE.

After that, power the board, connect the SWD header to the programmer, and connect to the board with STM32CubeProgrammer.

Note that many generic STLINK V2 programmers are counterfeit and may not work with your hardware.

If you're brand new, perhaps pick up a nucleo board which has an on-board programmer and use that until you're comfortable with the tools.

Thanks @TDK 

In my first PCB design i forget to connect all VDD , VSS , ADDA and ASSA pins to 

power supply source.

Now my board work very good.