cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a document containing return codes in the STM32CubeProgrammer Command Line interface?

Okeskin
Associate II

In mass production, we install software using cli. Since we know that return 0 means no problem, we manage the entire operation according to return 0. However, we have observed cases where the return is 0 even though there were unsuccessful operations. Also, even if there is an error in the current situation, I cannot find a document regarding their code.
I'm currently using 2.14.0. Is there anyone who can help?

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

I don't think much attention is paid to the return value. I would suggest parsing the output to verify it contains the text you want it to contain, such as a programming successful or verification successful statement.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Maryem
ST Employee

Hello @Okeskin,

Could you please provide more details and a detailed scenario so that I can reproduce it and identify the root cause?

Maryem.

Hi Maryem,

During production, we install external flash and flash software using CLI. We use .stldr file for ext flash update. We were determining that the installation was completed by looking at the return value. However, we have recently seen that installing software on a PCB whose ext flash does not physically exist returns 0. When I run the CLI via cmd, I get the attached error. The return code for this is 1 so the error is obvious. However, when the CLI is run with the computer interface program, the same command returns 0.Manuel Test via CMDManuel Test via CMDusing .stldr with Labviewusing .stldr with Labviewprogramming with Labviewprogramming with Labview