cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I try to connect STM32H750-DK with STM32CudeProgrammer but it shows as the picture. What should I do?

wsuwa.1
Associate III

20 REPLIES 20
RomainR.
ST Employee

Hello wsuwa.1 (Community Member)

I don't reproduce this problem on my side with the latest version v2.13.0 and the same DK board.

Please follow the very good recommendations of Tesla DeLorean to erase the firmware by connecting BOOT0 IO to 3.3V (shorting solder bridge R144 on pcb).

0693W00000aIeNjQAK.pngBest regards,

Romain,

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

wsuwa.1
Associate III

What is BOOT0 IO?

RomainR.
ST Employee

On all STM32 the BOOT0 pin is a GPIO which has the function to select different boot memory areas.

Depending of voltage level apply, you can force the MCU to boot in user flash (Default when BOOT0=GND) or in Bootloader mode in system memory (BOOT0=3.3V).

As explained, if your able to set BOOT0 (by closing unmounted R144 on pcb) you will have chance to connect and erase the flash of the board.

I suggest you to read the document below in chapter 2.6 Boot configuration.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/rm0433-stm32h742-stm32h743753-and-stm32h750-value-line-advanced-armbased-32bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Best regards,

Romain,

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

wsuwa.1
Associate III

I don't understand, can you make an example video?

Not sure anyone here is that invested, perhaps you work with someone who can assist you?

You could bridge the R144 pads with a wire, or wire some jumper or switch.

0693W00000aIiEbQAK.jpgYou should probably establish that the code you put on the board is where the problem is. As I understand the H750B-DK it uses the LDO, where as the H745I-DISCO uses the SMPS.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
wsuwa.1
Associate III

got it

thank you

Piranha
Chief II

Connect mode: Under Reset

Reset mode : Hardware reset

That might work, but these H7's can be bricked quite easily to the point where serious intervention is required. Why there's not a jumper or switch perplexes me.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @wsuwa.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Adding to what @Community member​ suggested, please check the following article How to unbrick an STM32H7 after setting the wrong power mode

Let me know if it helps!

Sara.

I can't find where the BOOT0 pin is exactly on my STM32H750B-DK board