cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use the STM32CubeProgrammer windows executable to read a memory area without the device resetting?

ADiet.1
Associate III

I have been trying to read a memory area as follows on windows power shell:

.\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=SWD -r8 0x08080000 8 -r8 0x08080C00 8

but that triggers a reset of the device. I do not want a device reset, I just want to read the memory as specified. How to do that?

23 REPLIES 23

Hi @ADiet.1​,

That screenshot is from another thread you posted : Bug in command line tool or GUI version? (st.com)

Please keep in mind the issue per thread rule when posting in the future.

Could you please follow the steps detailed in this comment :

0693W00000aJU7OQAW.pngThanks,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

This thread is not about a consistency. Maybe I made a wrong post to the wrong thread.

In other more effective forum software the moderators could merge the content. The topic is important to get resolution on, just wanted to ensure the team focuses​ on getting the hot start working robustly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi @ADiet.1​,

That's OK no harm done. To do the recap :

1- For this thread, I suggest you mark @Community member​s answer as best in order for it to be closed (Since hotplug mode is the mode we usually use when we don't want the device to reset or halt). @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ will debug with you your specific case in the other thread (How to write bytes to flash without restart?)

2- For the inconsistent Option Bytes values(Bug in command line tool or GUI version? (st.com)).I will get back to you with my feedback ASAP.

3- For the inconsistent EEPROM reads you mentioned in this thread, my supposition is that the application you're running is modifying EEPROM data. Therefore it is expected to have different results when connecting in hotplug vs in normal modes.

Keep in mind that :

• In hotplug mode : There's no reset and no halt.
  • In normal mode : There's a reset then there's a halt.

That's why I suggested to erase the flash and redo the tests (Since I couldn't reproduce the behavior you're seeing with the flash erased).

=> No bug in STM32CubeProgrammer in that regard.

Thanks,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.