cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in initializing ST-LINK device. No device found on target.

mvosburg
Associate

Hi there, I am hoping this forum will be able to help me:

This is my first time using the STM32 Nucleo-64 board (STM32F303RET6) as well as the external ST-LINK/V2 programmer. I just wrote a simple program that turns on the LED but I am having trouble connecting to the board. I am almost positive I have correctly wired the two together (using GND, VDD (3.3V), SWDIO, and SWCLK). I have reinstalled the correct drivers and updated the software. I've tried a few different ways of connecting using recommendations from other forums. These are the errors I've been getting:

From stm32cubeIDE:

mvosburg_0-1707431834105.png

From stm32cubeProgrammer:

mvosburg_1-1707431930388.png

From stm32 st-link utility:

mvosburg_2-1707431970601.png

I've tried different frequencies and modes but I still get the same errors. 

Weirdly, when I try to connect to the target through the utility application, the st-link lights up green and the stm32 board starts flashing (even though it says it can't connect). Is this normal?

I just need to know how to successfully connect to the board so I can flash my program. Any advice would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

The nucleo board has an onboard st-link. You don't need an external programmer for it. Just need to connect CN1 with a USB cable to your PC.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Connecting what to what? The Nucleo is hard wired.

Check the jumpers for SWDIO / SWCLK connect to the local target.

Then perhaps ponder why the voltage isn't reading 3 - 3.3V

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..