cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeProgrammer reports RDP over native USB

tguly.1
Associate III

When plugging in a device in DFU mode to a native USB port of the notebook cubeprogrammer reports:

0693W00000aISk7QAG.pngWhen using it over USB HUB or other port the Cubeprogrammer works fine (we never activated RDP).

USBDeview shows no difference in the installed drivers. Happens on various machines/pcs/notebooks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @tguly.1​,

Thank you for your detailed answer and analysis !

I have managed to reproduce the issue on my side and it seems that it's related to the driver version. I also tested using DfuSe tool and I have seen the same behavior (with Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.20), so most probably this is not tool related.

I have submitted an internal ticket to bootloader team. Hopefully they will manage to debug the situation further.

Internal ticket number: 147651 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers)

I will get back to you as soon as I have any updates.

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @tguly.1​,

Could you please provide further details on the issue you're facing ? (e.g. a verbose 3 log, STM32CubeProgrammer version, specs and brand of the used machines, are you using a custom or built in STM32 bootloader...).

Thanks,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
tguly.1
Associate III

faulty case

tguly.1
Associate III

correct case

tguly.1
Associate III

The only difference between these 2 cases is that for the faulty one I used the onboard USB controller of the motherboard. The OK case were produced by attaching the DFU device to a PCIe USB extension card.

We noticed that when using the "Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)" controller with version 1.10 it works. With version 1.20 it results in fault.

When a USB hub is placed between the 1.20 version of the controller and the device it also works.

so

1.10-----DFU [OK]

1.20-----DFU [NOT OK]

1.20-----USB_HUB-----DFU [OK]

Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @tguly.1​,

Thank you for your detailed answer and analysis !

I have managed to reproduce the issue on my side and it seems that it's related to the driver version. I also tested using DfuSe tool and I have seen the same behavior (with Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.20), so most probably this is not tool related.

I have submitted an internal ticket to bootloader team. Hopefully they will manage to debug the situation further.

Internal ticket number: 147651 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers)

I will get back to you as soon as I have any updates.

Aziz

tguly.1
Associate III

Sounds great. Thanks.

Any update on this one?